Grant Process for the 2014-2015 year.
We will be accepting grants from all eligible 501(c)3 organizations. Because of the current economic situation, the Board’s main focus will be on basic human needs. The amount of funding that is available for other programs will depend on the number of grants received and the types of programs requesting the funds.
Grant funds are to be used for the purpose for which they were provided. If an emergency arises and the funding is needed for another purpose, a request must be made, in writing, to the Retail Merchants Foundation, and must be approved by the Foundation’s Executive Director.
Submit the original and one copy with the following information:
- Letter stating your organization’s mission and what you provide to the community. Include the amount of your request, with a description of how the money will be used.
- Board of Directors with names/contact information.
- Most recent audited financial statement. If a financial statement is not available, please include a [current] budget for funding request.
- Include with original ONLY.
- Do not send bound copies of the financial statement. A photocopy is preferred.
- IRS Determination Letter confirming that the organization is tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (Submit with original only.
Note: If any other supporting documentation is included with the grant proposal, please only include one (1) copy with the original. All supporting documentation will be retained in the RMA Office for the Board and Grants Committee to review during work sessions.
**DO NOT STAPLE OR BIND, IN ANY WAY, THE GRANT REQUEST (INCLUDING ANY FINANCIAL AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION). Information may be paper clipped or placed in a manilla folder. If your financial documents come to you in a bound format, please remove the binding prior to mailing or delivering the copy to RMA.
When To Apply:
2014Grants will be accepted
SCHEDULE PENDING – CHECK BACK AFTER AUGUST 1, 2014
Grants applications should be mailed to
Retail Merchants Foundation
Attn: Debbie Montgomery
2412 Langhorne Road
Lynchburg, VA 24501
Grants may also be delivered to the address above. Applicants should call prior to the delivery (434-528-1732) to ensure that someone will be available to accept the grant.
Disclaimer: The Retail Merchants Foundation is a Private Foundation under the umbrella of the Retail Merchants Association, a member-based organization. As such, the nominal membership dues we receive in the Association pays the administrative costs associated with the non-profit. Any 501(c)3 organization may apply for a grant – you do not have to be a member of the Association; however, member agencies that support our work through their membership will be given top priority when reviewing requests.