Let us help you grow your business! The Retail Merchants Association is a trade association representing retailers and other businesses in Lynchburg, Bedford, Amherst, Campbell County and Appomattox. Established August 14, 1907, RMA promotes our business community in Lynchburg and surrounding areas by offering advertising, cost-saving support services, educational opportunities, and sponsorship of cultural activities.
RMA provides legislative representation through our association with the Virginia Retail Merchants Association (VRMA), supporting reasonable and proper laws protecting the interests of member businesses. Special emphasis is directed towards fostering understanding of retailing, free trade, and free enterprise systems in order to provide laws that have a positive impact for business owners. Legislative representation is provided on a local, state and national level.
- To promote the common interests of our member businesses in the greater Lynchburg area;
- To educate consumers on the importance of buying local to ensure the quality, success and vitality of our community; and
- To support reasonable and proper laws protecting the interests of businesses in Virginia. Special emphasis is directed towards fostering understanding of retailing, free trade, and free enterprise in order to provide laws that have a positive impact for business owners.
Benefits of Membership (not all-inclusive):
- Marketing Consultations
- Co-op Advertising – Maximize marketing dollars by partnering with RMA and other businesses.
- Networking Opportunities
- BUY LOCAL Campaign*
- RX Prescription Discount Program
- Value Added Benefits Program underwritten by Anthem
- Online Courses and Webinars
- Various Workshops – Topics pertinent to business owners and managers.
- Member Matchs / Referrals
- Special Events
“Meet Me in Lynchburg” BUY LOCAL Fundraiser, April 2013
Christmas in July BUY LOCAL event (entire month of July)
Local Business EXPO (August 8, 2013)
2013 Christmas Parade Organizers
- Good Benefits Package
- Legislative Advocacy on a state and national level
- Support of local non-profits through the RMA Foundation. Membership dues paid to the Association cover administrative costs for the Foundation. Because the Foundation incurs no expense, 100% of every dollar donated to the Foundation is placed back into the community with our focus on health, handicapped, homelessness, rehabilitation and abuse issues. By supporting RMA with your membership you are, in effect, making an impact for our citizens needing assistance.
More detailed information can be found on our website under “Benefits” or you can call Laurie Gulluscio at (434) 528-1732 with questions or to schedule a consultation.
*Please Note: The BUY LOCAL is not a boycott of any of our national chains. Our objective is to educate individuals on the importance of buying local and supporting your local community by shifting a portion of disposable income towards the independents. It’s a win-win situation for everyone!